Member of the Month: Anvita Akkur - The Inclusion Coach
Dec 10, 2021
The 5D Collective is filled with some incredible, passionate conscious humans and we're excited to be spotlighting them so you can learn more about the awesome folks you may meet at one of our monthly gatherings. December's Member of the Month is Anvita Akkur.
1. Before we dive in, what’s your name, where are you based out of and how would you describe what you do?
My name is Anvita Akkur and I live, work, and play on the unceded traditional territories of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh people, which is known in English as Vancouver, BC. My name in Sanskrit means "bringing people together" and that is what I do. I help people create inclusive communities where everyone feels like they belong.
2. How would your best friend describe you?
Compassionate, empathetic, and thoughtful.
3. What is the most rewarding part of your work?
Knowing that I am playing a small role in shifting our society towards healthier and happier communities.
4. When did you join The Collective and how did you find out about it?
I joined summer of 2021 and I found out about it through my long-time friend, Aleks, who is part of the 5D team.
5. Do you know your Sun/Moon/Rising?
Libra Sun, Aquarius Moon, Scorpio Rising
6. Do you know your Human Design profile?
7. What would the autobiography of your life be titled?
Will There Be Snacks?
8. Can you share an unexpected lesson from your entrepreneurial journey?
That the hardest part was just getting started. Everything else will work itself out, either with some trial and error or some advice from my friends at 5D.
9. What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
As a recovering perfectionist, the best advice I've gotten is to fail fast - by quickly figuring out what doesn't work, I can then move closer to what does work.
10. Who inspires you?
Lisa Matthews of Combination Healing. Her journey of crafting a life that works for her, based on her passions is something I strive to do!
Be sure to connect with Anvita on her instagram here and here website.